Friday 17 April 2015

#Believe


Often when I'm reading through the bible I stop and wonder how the characters of the bible must have reacted to some of the awesome miracles God performed before them. Whether it was Elijah gazing upon the fire being sent down from heaven upon the water soaked alter he built or the crowds who witnessed the raising of Lazarus from the dead by our Lord Jesus. They must have had looks of shear terror on their face because what they witnessed transcended the physical world they knew.
Moses witnessed many miracles but the first miracle he witnessed was God speaking out of a fire enveloped bush that refused to burn up. I wonder what his expression was at that moment. I tried to illustrate it here but I don't think I came even close.
Moses of course went on to be instrumental in many of the miracles God performed throughout the next 40 years of his life and I'm sure that gave Moses great confidence that God would redeem His people.
In our own era, we are not privy to these types of miracles yet we have something far greater, we have the word of God -- the bible. We have truth and through that truth we can have life -- abundant life.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, 
you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

John 20:29

No comments:

Post a Comment