Friday 9 November 2012

Illustartion Friday - Tree

This is a pine tree study that I tried to interpret in the style of a great Canadian painter, Lawren Harris. 
He was a leading figure in the prominent "Group of Seven" painters. They were mostly known for their landscape paintings of the Canadian wilderness, although Harris himself also painted portraits, cityscapes, and even abstract late in his career.
Harris has always been a great influence for my oil painting and now my illustrations as well.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning! My first thought was Group of Seven - really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Harris and the Group of Seven. Saw a nice exhibit of their work when I was in Calgary this past summer including a couple by Harris. Nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful illustration- love the color and the style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the rest of your art on this site: magical & uplifting!

    ReplyDelete