Thursday 21 March 2013

Waiting on #God


A couple of weeks ago, the pastor at my church gave an interesting sermon about Jesus removing himself from his ministry every now and then, to go up the mountain and be with the Father.
He showed a slide of a mountain in Israel that Jesus might have gone to in His day. It had little caves in it that he could hunker down in for the night. One of the key things the pastor mentioned was that Jesus didn't pray all night -- the pastor jokingly added "he was a man, he didn't have that many words". I thought that was pretty funny. The point is, he prayed and then he waited -- listened -- to hear what the Father had to say. After hearing that, and seeing the picture of the mountain, I knew I had to illustrate it. So after thinking about it for a while, I came up with this illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment