Friday 7 June 2013

Inspired by #Emily Carr


For those of us who are artists and illustrators, we are all aware of the fact that our professions can bring times of severe testing when it comes to selling our work or finding someone who is interested in hiring us for a project.
The Canadian painter Emily Carr, painted because that was what she was, a painter. Carr had her moments of doubt, and came close to packing it in. In fact, she did just that for a number of years. She couldn't always afford canvas, so she improvised with paper and thinned oil paints from which she achieved major breakthroughs in her style that gave her new life and energy to go on. We all have those moments, don't we? And she had other artists that gave her inspiration and encouragement , The Group of Seven and Georgia O'Keeffe to name a few. The Group of Seven named her the "Mother of Modern Arts".
In the end, she became one of the most influential artists in Canada and her body of work is recognized throughout the world. 
As a Christian, I have my faith in Christ Jesus. The gifts that he has endowed in me are for his purposes, and when it seems there is no hope, I can be assured that he is leading me through and will use me in greater ways than I can ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment